Cine TV Contest #95 - What is Love?
Comedy is in the eye of the beholder. What one person finds hilarious, another person finds offensive. This contest was all about walking that fine line between something being funny and being over the top. Off-beat obviously means different things to different people. I'm sorry if that term wasn't clear to everyone. If you ever have a question about a contest, feel free to tag me (caulderfreeman) in the Cine Discord and I will help explain it.
Thanks to everyone who entered into the contest! Hoping to see you all again in the next contest, in fact I would love it. ;)
Let's get to the winners!
The first place finisher was @nbarrios67 with a choice of Community, found here: https://peakd.com/hive-121744/@nbarrios67/cinetv-contest-94-community-an-out-of-the-ordinary-television-comedy
Community is the perfect choice for this contest. I have only watched a little bit of it but I know that it is definitely off beat. Congrats!
The second place finisher was @kombatvzla with a choice of The King of Rap / The Fresh Prince of Bel Air found here: https://peakd.com/hive-121744/@kombatvzla/cinetv-contest-my-favorite-series
I used to love the Fresh Prince. I am guessing that the series and his name are different in your country. Great series and a really solid choice.
The third place finisher was @sacra97 with their choice of The Nanny, found here: https://peakd.com/hive-121744/@sacra97/cine-tv-contest-94-la
This is such an interesting choice that I had to include it. Fran's voice is enough to make it off beat. :) Thanks for entering and congrats!
450 CINE COINS will be transferred to the winners.
Now if anyone disagrees with our choices then please tag us in a comment on this post!
And let's move on to the new contest!
What is Love?
Last year, we celebrated Valentines Day with a Favorite Romantic Comedy contest and that makes perfect sense. This year, I wanted to do something a little different. The contest is going to be a choose your own movie that represents love to you. This is an interpretation so if you can make it make sense, then it's in.
For instance most wives and girlfriends want jewelry, candy, flowers or a nice dinner for Valentine's Day (which is just a made up holiday to sell things!). However, my wife is receiving a Lego set that she really wants for this holiday and I know that she is going to absolutely love it! The @stickupboys know what I am talking about. :D
So the contest is simple, pick a movie that represents love to you and give a good reason why. That's it. Thank you all for stopping by and I can't wait to read your selections. Be original!
Please check out the list of rules and suggestions below or feel free to ask me in the Discord channel if you have any questions (caulderfreeman). Enjoy this week's contest and good luck!
Winners and prizes
This contest will have 3 winners and 450 CINE in prizes. They will be distributed as follows.
1ST Place — 200 CINE AND 100 ECENCY POINTS!
2ND Place — 150 CINE AND 100 ECENCY POINTS
3RD Place — 100 CINE AND 100 ECENCY POINTS
- Publish your entry from our frontend https://cinetv.blog or post to cinetv community if you prefer peakd, ecency or hive.blog
- The entries should be written in English for evaluation purposes (You can translate from your mother tongue if you want to.)
- The post title should include CineTV Contest:. For example, CineTV Contest: Your Title Here.
- Use #cinetvcontest among your tags.
- Include a link to this post somewhere in your entry. So your friends can find this easily.
- Put down a comment with the link of your entry on this post below.
- Only one entry per person.
- The submission deadline is 13th February, 2024, 11:59 PM, UTC time.
Evaluation and Some Tips
- You can use these prompts as a helping hand (purely optional) but you're free to go however you want.
► What you loved or hated about it.
► How it influenced you (and/or people around you).
► What part of it did you find most interesting.
► Any scene that still pops into your mind.
► Performance of the actors/actress that left an impression.
► Why do you think it's significant and great (or not).
You're free to include multiple films in your entry.
- There's no need to be mechanical. Write with a free hand. We might overlook if you forget to do a step or two stated in the rules (except the first one).
- We'll evaluate the posts based on the writing quality, sincerity, and faithfulness to the spirit of the contest.
DO NOT PLAGIARZE, COPY AND PASTE, OR SPIN FROM OTHER SOURCES!!!! MAKE SURE ALL IMAGES ARE SOURCED!!!
Happy Writing then! Blog on!
The cover photo is edited in Canva.
Join CineTV on Discord - Invite Link
Posted using CineTV