CineTV Contest #78 - Favorite Movie with Vintage Technology
Natalie Portman is one of the most successful actresses of our time. With so many different roles and successful movies, she has had a great career. It was great to see so many entries with so many different choices.
I just want to thank everyone for entering the contest. I am hoping to keep the contest growing and would love to see people sharing them with your friends! With that being said...
Let's get to this week's winners:
The first place finisher was @mell79 with a choice of Black Swan, found here: https://peakd.com/hive-121744/@mell79/cinetv-contest-77-black-swan-favorite-natalie-portman-movie
Black Swan is not a movie that I have seen but I appreciate the movie and the review. Thanks so much for entering and congrats!
In second place we have @thereadingman with multiple choices, here: https://peakd.com/hive-121744/@thereadingman/cinetv-contest-my-favorite-natalie
Thank you for your review of many of Natalie Portman movies. It is hard to pick just one, isn't it? Thanks again!
Our third place winner in this contest is @irenenavarroart with their choice of Padme in Star Wars and can be found here: https://peakd.com/hive-121744/@irenenavarroart/cinetv-contest-natalie-as-padme
So Star Wars is number one in my heart but I can't always pick my favorites to win. :) Congrats and thanks!
225 CINE COINS and 100 Ecency Points will be transferred to the winners.
Now if anyone disagrees with our choices then please tag us in a comment on this post!
And let's move on to the new contest!
Favorite Movie with Vintage Technology
If you have interacted with me in Discord or on other platforms you know that I am obsessed with vintage technology! Especially vintage video games but I think old school technology is just a really cool part of our history.
Let's be fair, vintage can be a relative term expecially for someone who is much younger than me! An Iphone from a few generations ago could be seen by some as vintage but that is not what I am looking for here.
For this contest I am looking for you to pick a movie that has vintage technology and is prominent in the film. I am considering anything before the year 2000 as vintage for this contest. There are so many movies with old phones, computers, video games, televisions, cameras, etc. Pick a movie, give a great and personal review, and explain how the technology makes an impact on the movie and how it made you feel.
Be original and don't just retell the plot. I look forward to reading your selections. Have a great week!
Please check out the list of rules and suggestions below or feel free to ask me in the Discord channel if you have any questions (caulderfreeman). Enjoy this week's contest and good luck!
Winners and prizes
This contest will have 3 winners and 225 CINE in prizes. They will be distributed as follows.
1ST Place — 100 CINE AND 100 ECENCY POINTS!
2ND Place — 75 CINE AND 100 ECENCY POINTS
3RD Place — 50 CINE AND 100 ECENCY POINTS
- Publish your entry from our frontend https://cinetv.blog or post to cinetv community if you prefer peakd, ecency or hive.blog
- The entries should be written in English for evaluation purposes (You can translate from your mother tongue if you want to.)
- The post title should include CineTV Contest:. For example, CineTV Contest: Your Title Here.
- Use #cinetvcontest among your tags.
- Include a link to this post somewhere in your entry. So your friends can find this easily.
- Put down a comment with the link of your entry on this post below.
- Only one entry per person.
- The submission deadline is 20th September, 2023, 11:59 PM, UTC time.
Evaluation and Some Tips
- You can use these prompts as a helping hand (purely optional) but you're free to go however you want.
► What you loved or hated about it.
► How it influenced you (and/or people around you).
► What part of it did you find most interesting.
► Any scene that still pops into your mind.
► Performance of the actors/actress that left an impression.
► Why do you think it's significant and great (or not).
You're free to include multiple films in your entry.
- There's no need to be mechanical. Write with a free hand. We might overlook if you forget to do a step or two stated in the rules (except the first one).
- We'll evaluate the posts based on the writing quality, sincerity, and faithfulness to the spirit of the contest.
DO NOT PLAGIARZE, COPY AND PASTE, OR SPIN FROM OTHER SOURCES!!!! MAKE SURE ALL IMAGES ARE SOURCED!!!
Happy Writing then! Blog on!
The cover photo is edited in Canva.
Join CineTV on Discord - Invite Link
Posted using CineTV